Updated: Dec 18, 2022
Wow. That was some summer. The surge in demand was real and our beloved golf groups flocked to Kimbo.
In the city, they say that's a good problem to have. However, being a somewhat balanced, lifestyle-loving entrepreneur, I'm not so sure. Regardless, we survived and have acquired a new bus and are updating the heck out of our properties.
Simply Kimberley | Updates from the Source:
1) The lift is moving, the lift is moving! This is hands down the most exciting news of the fall. After our 2022 winter season getting destroyed by <insert bad joke> quad burn, it is incredibly relieving to see first-hand and KNOW that the new quad is on track to be operational for opening day.
2) Summer demand was record-high. As I've advised many of our summer clients, we recommend booking this fall for summer 2023 to secure your spring/summer lodging at our group-friendly properties. Sign up to our newsletter to secure a limited-time, 10% discount on next summer's lodging. Watch for this golf client-specific e-blast in early December.
3) New Ride! At the end of August, I bought a new-to-me 24-passenger bus to replace the ol' war wagon. This new ride is sweet, it looks awesome and it's going to be a well-loved people mover. As the decal inside beckons, Simply Welcome.
4) Updating the Condos. In 2014, I bought Kimberley Ridge 410. In 2015, I bought Kimberley Ridge 411. In 2016, we went to work and the Super Condo was created. In 2018, we updated the old girl with new flooring. In 2022, we've just dropped in full sets of sweet new appliances and new, locally-created art by Kimberley's Sam Millard.
The point of the story is we care. We're committed to investing to help create a welcoming ambiance for our clients. And, the Super Condo is awesome when it's available. Book direct and book early.
5) Updating the Chalet. Our flagship property, The Stemwinder Chalet is currently undergoing its own significant updates! New, high-end, stainless appliances are replacing the dated black, semi-functional stove and dishwasher, and a new interior paint job has lightened up the space. Plus a full fleet of new quartz counters is being installed in early December. With new counters, come new faucets of course. Out with the worn gold, King George the Fourth and in with some sweet Delta Faucets and new stainless appliances!
Our pal, Nicole Leclair Photography is booked for mid-December to help capture the updates. Pair all these updates with a new furnace in fall 2021, a new central AC unit in spring 2022 and new blinds to help keep that summer afternoon sun out.
We love our guests and we really appreciate your visitation. You need memory-making adventures with your crew. We can help. Reach out anytime.
Yours in Hospitality,
Tod Caton, Proprietor