Yes, the next round of Covid is on the rise. Yes, the Northstar Express quad chair is out of commission. Regardless, when you visit Kimberley this winter, approach with an open mind and be rewarded with mountains of memory-making. In fact, be like Charles.
"Tod, where to begin! The vacation was great and your chalet made it exceptional. Nothing can be done about the ski lift. I hope people can see past that for a few months as it’s sorted. We made the best of it as Kimberley has so much more to offer than just downhill skiing. We had some nice dinners out, lots of hot tub time, beers at the Stemwinder après-skiing, tobogganing, snow fort building, philosophical talks over warm fires, steams, cross country skiing at the Nordic centre, lazy mornings reading with coffee in hand and of course downhill skiing at both Fernie and Kimberley.
You are an exceptional host with a great property in a special part of the world. Simply Kimberley will come highly recommended to our friends and family in the future".
-- Charles from Calgary. Stemwinder Chalet. Dec 17-23, 2021.
Simply Kimberley's | Top Seven Recommendations:
1) Be Bold. Don't be Cold. Hike to the Backside: Or, catch a ride in one of two snowcats that will be moving our guests to the Tamarack chair - details here. Warm-up with the 20-30 min walk and send your skis with the sled. As you know, history favours the bold. Being bold will bring fewer tracks and more powder on the snowy backside.
2) Kimberley Nordic Centre: bring your own or rent nordic skis and enjoy the 32 km of the double and single track just minutes from your ski-hill accommodation. Check out the rich history of XC skiing in Kimberley.
3) Three ODRs: as the kids seem to call the outdoor rinks these days. There are three, outdoor rinks in town: Townsite, The Bench and Norton Ave. Join some shinny.
4) Skate on the Lake: St.Mary's Lake, Wasa Lake, McGinty Lake, Ha Has Lake all within a 30-minute drive of the ski hill. There is usually a cleared area at each of these local lakes. Throw some boots up and make some memories in our shockingly beautiful valleys.
5) Shop Till You Drop: locals and visitors alike routinely rave about the amazing offerings of the Platzl shops. Catch a free shuttle from the ski hill. Eat, drink and be merry - check out Simply Kimberley's > local recommendations for the best of bars, restaurants, lounges and craft breweries.
6) Fat Bike: bring your fat-tire bike or rent one from Kimberley Alpine Resort, Black Dog Cycle & Ski or Bootleg Bike Co. Check out the winter groomed trail network on Trail Forks and see what this craze is all about. Ideally, you've got an e-Fattie and can blast the Lois Cr. or Nature Park groomed trails.
7) Skin the Hill: check-out this blog post on touring up Kimberley Alpine Resort. Earn your turns and get fit...and get to the backside for the first chair on Easter!
We love our visitors. We need your visitation.
You need healthy, memory-making adventures with those you love. We're still in this together.
Tod Caton, Proprietor